After changing his will: 43-year-old urged men to attempt suicide

After changing wills
43-year-old urges men to attempt suicide

The events seem cruel: a man is said to have developed friendly relations with older men, who then abused them and forced them to change their wills. He then tries to force her to commit suicide. But he flies away.

A 43-year-old man from North Rhine-Westphalia allegedly mentally and physically abused a 69-year-old acquaintance for days and eventually forced him to attempt suicide. As announced by the prosecutor and the police of Paderborn and Bielefeld, the attempt failed due to the accidental intervention of a passerby. The suspect is in a psychiatric hospital.

Investigators accuse the man of an alleged attempted murder in indirect perpetration and assume greed as the motive. According to their own statements, they are also currently checking whether the 43-year-old could be responsible for another, almost identical crime. He is a 77-year-old man who survived a suicide attempt with life-threatening injuries. Other victims could not be excluded, the investigation was ongoing.

According to the findings of the investigators, who are based on information from the 69-year-old victim from Iserlohn, the two men met two years ago through a dating portal and have since maintained friendly contacts. platonic, which included phone calls. . Accordingly, over time, the younger also took over the regulation of financial matters.

Two days of torture

In early March, however, the 43-year-old allegedly visited an acquaintance at his place of residence and harassed him so much for two days that he could no longer make clear decisions and would follow his executioner’s instructions. There was talk of beatings, humiliations and refusal of medication. According to his own statements, the 69-year-old finally agreed to write a will in favor of the 43-year-old and to commit suicide.

Advice and emergency help for people at risk of suicide and depression

According to the police and the prosecution, there was actually a suicide attempt in a forest near Delbrück on March 5, in the company of the suspect. As a result, a passerby became aware of the two men in a parked car and noticed the 69-year-old’s severely weakened condition. He called the emergency services, which the accused wanted to prevent by claiming that his older friend was fine. This came to a hospital.

Suspect has ‘mental abnormalities’

Evidence of a crime only emerged days later when the 69-year-old described the events that occurred while he was in hospital. According to investigators, the 43-year-old man was arrested on March 10 and taken into custody. Since there were later indications of “mental abnormalities”, the suspect has since been placed in a psychiatric ward.

According to their own statements, officials also uncovered the 77-year-old’s case during their investigation. He, too, allegedly met the suspect via an internet dating portal and, after a benevolent phase, came under increasing pressure from him. The suspect had large sums of money handed over and appointed guardian or heir.

Authorities say the 77-year-old from Espelkamp attempted suicide in February but was found in time. As a result, he was also pushed by the defendant by “massive psychological influence”. However, the investigation into this case was still ongoing. The judicial arrest warrant against the accused did not initially cover this complex.

Leave a Comment