Attacks on kyiv and Kharkiv

BAccording to official information, several people were killed in new attacks on the Ukrainian capital Kyiv and the eastern Ukrainian metropolis Kharkiv. According to reports on Saturday, airstrikes also took place in other parts of Ukraine. President Volodymyr Zelenskyj has named the highest number of soldiers killed in his own ranks to date.

Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko said on television that several people in his city had been taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries. There is a dead man. The attack hit the district of Darnyzja in the south-east of the metropolis. The Russian military claims the target was a tank factory. Initially, there was no confirmation from the Ukrainian authorities. Ukrainian arms company Ukroboronprom only said a missile factory southwest of kyiv was hit.

Zelenskyj threatens to end peace talks

According to official information, at least one person was also killed in an attack on the city of Kharkiv in eastern Ukraine. In addition, 18 people were injured. Attacks were also reported in western Ukraine, in the Lviv region and at a military airfield in Oleksandriya in central Ukraine.

Meanwhile, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has threatened to end peace talks with Moscow if Russia “eliminates” the last Ukrainian troops in the hotly contested port city of Mariupol. It would be a “stalemate” for both sides, as we are not negotiating over our territories or our people, Zelenskyi told the Ukrainska Pravda news site on Saturday. He also accused Russia of not allowing evacuation corridors. “To be honest, we have no confidence in the Mariupol negotiations.”

Mariupol has been under siege since the first days after the February 24 Russian invasion. The city, which once had more than 400,000 inhabitants, is today largely destroyed and the humanitarian situation is catastrophic. With the capture of the port city, Russian troops would establish a land link between the two areas and cut Ukraine off from the Sea of ​​Azov.

On the American television channel CNN, Selenskyj again warned of the possible use of nuclear weapons by the Russians. “Not just me – the whole world, all countries should be concerned because this may not be real information, but it may be the truth.” The 44-year-old was responding to statements by CIA chief Bill Burns who was Russia’s military setbacks in Ukraine had stressed that the possible threat of Russian use of tactical nuclear bombs should not be taken lightly. light.

Russian troops in the east likely ready to attack

Meanwhile, the governor of Luhansk region in eastern Ukraine said Russia has already mustered tens of thousands of troops for an offensive in the near future. Additionally, hundreds of technology units have been transported to the region, Serhij Hajdaj said. “They have already prepared everything for a breakthrough.” According to him, the Russian troops were only waiting for better weather to launch their attacks simultaneously in the regions of Lugansk and Donetsk. According to the weather forecast, the rain is expected to stop in both regions by the middle of next week.

Bulletin FAZ Ukraine

Every day at 12:00 p.m.

IDENTIFY


Meanwhile, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has promised to deliver armed vehicles to Ukraine in the coming days. Johnson assured Selenskyj that Britain would continue to supply Ukraine with equipment to defend itself, Downing Street said in a statement on Saturday evening.

Moscow, in turn, had imposed an entry ban on the British prime minister in response to Western sanctions. His predecessor Theresa May, Secretary of Defense Ben Wallace and Secretary of State Liz Truss are also no longer allowed to travel to Russia. A list published by the Foreign Office in Moscow includes the names of 13 British officials. Russia previously issued entry bans against US President Joe Biden and politicians from the European Union, Australia and New Zealand.

In the evening, the Russian Defense Ministry also claimed that the Ukrainian armed forces had been almost completely expelled from Mariupol. The RIA news agency quoted a ministry spokesperson as saying some fighters were still trapped at the Azovstal plant. As a result, the Ukrainians are said to have lost more than 4,000 servicemen in the besieged coastal city. Information cannot be independently verified.

Leave a Comment